Illegal printing of teachers’ payslips stopped

Teachers from Western Highlands Province (WHP) and nearby provinces won’t pay for pay-slips anymore, thanks to the Ombudsman Commission.

Private companies charged teachers in WHP K10 per payslip and K20 to teachers from other provinces.

The Commission regional office in Mt Hagen learned of the activity from public notices and conducted an investigation.

The Commission raised the matter with the Education Department Secretary, Dr Uke Kombra. He then wrote to the Western Highlands Provincial Education Advisor and therefore, the illegal activity was stopped.

Teachers will get their payslips directly and no-one else.

The Education Department announced its online payslip system around the same time. It allows teachers to access their payslips using smartphones and also print.


This Post Has 2 Comments

  1. Dickson Sui Goraiye

    Thank you for that intervention. I has a teacher happy to hear atlast we have a mouth piece to talk on be half.
    Additionally I have some issues which teachers bear in silence.
    1.. Outstanding payments. Many teachers have got various outstanding payments which been overlooked for years and those are still pending. TSC referred to our division WHP but the Division ignored since.
    2. Unnecessarily putting teachers off from pay. After the Resumption Of Duty Summary Sheets (RODSS) entered the salary office in Waigani, that document is a token onbehalf of a teacher as he/she is currently an active teacher until and unless a separate document require changes. They shouldn’t be any on-off pay thing from teacher after the RODSS were actioned.
    Unnecessary switching teachers on n off has been a norm and that should be stopped.

    1. Media Unit

      Hi Dickson,
      Thank you for your comment. We would advise that if you have issues with outstanding payments etc., try sort that out with the Education Department first. Ombudsman Commission should be your last resort. However, if you have tried and were successful you can submit a complaint including supporting documents to or complete our Online Complaint Form through the website.
      Thank you

Leave a Reply